Benefits of a fan

Chalk is free for anyone to read and post. And If you really love using our forums, consider becoming a fan.

Benefits

Exclusive category

Get access to an exclusive category which only fans can access.

Exclusive avatar badge

Pin an exclusive badge on your avatar.

Additional forum skins

Get access to twelve more colour schemes, making it a total of fourteen to choose from. Whether it be a basic, boring, fun, professional, mysterious or modern look you are after, we’ve got it covered!

• Light colours
    Default: Whiteboard
    Exclusive to fans: Purple, Sunflower, Mario, L.Grey, Ice, Bubblegum
  • Dark colours
    Default: Blackboard
    Exclusive to fans: Chalkboard, Cyberpunk, D.Grey, Navy, Dracula, Solarized

Early-bird previews

Hear about the latest news and announcements before anyone else.

Polls for enhancements

We value your opinion before introducing new stuff.
e.g. Would you like us to introduce signatures at the bottom of every post?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a fan and what are the charges?

Please head over to fans. It costs S$12 per year.

How do you ensure the transaction is secure?

The entire process is powered by Stripe, a trusted leader in online payment processing. Stripe uses best-in-class security and encryption methods to protect your card and the transaction.

Why is the billing cycle one year? Do you have anything shorter for me to try?

We are a small outfit and this is the most straight forward way of managing our fanbase for now. In the future, shorter frequencies could be explored.

What happens when the initial billing cycle ends?

An email reminder will be sent before one year is up, to remind our fans of the recurring payment that will be due when the initial billing cycle ends. Please ensure the card you signed up with is working to ensure a fuss-free experience. The email will also have options for you to update the card details should there be any changes.

What happens if I cancel my subscription?

When you cancel your subscription, you’ll still be able to enjoy fan benefits until the end of the billing cycle. Once the billing cycle ends, fan benefits will be removed and your card will not be charged again. You can continue to enjoy Chalk as a non-fan.

Why should I pay for something that is free?

Chalk is currently a self-funded hobby of ours, we definitely appreciate your support in defraying the costs of hosting and maintaining the servers. We hope that you see our sincerity in coming up with the fan benefits, and our mission to provide the best ad-free user experience for discussion forums in Singapore.

Thank you from all of us at Chalk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: